New for IMF campers in 2019... Group Camping! Want a great camping spot for your entire group? Group Camping is the only opportunity for large groups to secure a guaranteed camping spot together in the GA Campgrounds.
Last year, many IMF fans requested a Group Camping option, so here it is! Group Camps will receive a reserved camping spot sized so that each member has a place for their tent, and if you share tents, space to create a central lounge area, whatever you like! The camping spot will be set aside for your group, no matter when you arrive. A minimum of twenty (20) is required to unlock group camping. There is no maximum group size, up until all our group camping spots sell out!
Simply nominate a ‘Group Leader’ (or nominate yourself as one) and get the party started!
Buy a Group Leader Pass if you are the head of your group, and starting a new group. Buy a Group Member Pass if you are joining an existing group.
As a very important heads up for Group Leaders: If your group does not meet the required twenty (20) minimum (which includes the Group Leader) by the sign up deadline, or by when Group Camping sells out, your will not get access to the Group Camping area. And, all Car Parking Hang Tags and Group Camping wristbands will be mailed to the Group Leader to distribute out their group.
Here are the details of how this works:
1) The Group Leader will purchase a Group Leader Camping Pass. Once you pay, you will get to name your group. Feel free to get creative here with your Group Camp names!
2) Once a Group Leader starts a group, you'll get a unique link to send to all your camping friends, that’s how you make sure everyone signs up for the right group. This unique link is the only way to join your group.
3) The deadline for a Group Leader to register is August 2nd, or whenever Group Camping sells out. The deadline for a Group Member to join a group is August 23rd, or whenever Group Camping sells out. Warning: Group Camping may sell out. We’ve never done this before, so we don’t know.
4) Parking: Groups will receive one Group Camping Parking Hang Tag for every three (3) members of their group. You can only have your car in the Group Camping area with one of these parking hang tags. If you drive, and don’t have a Group Camping Parking Hang Tag, you will need to park in the Tent Car Parking lot (near Group Camping)
5) All Group Camping wristbands will also be mailed directly to the Group Leader to distribute out to the group. If your group doesn’t reach the Group Camping threshold of twenty (20), you will receive a regular camping wristband, and will be instructed to pick up those wristbands up at the Group Camping Box Office will call.
6) There will also be Group Camp greeter there to point you to your spot. Specific instructions will be emailed out to Group Leaders. It’s going to be the responsibility of Group Leaders to pass info to all members of their group.
If you are a Group Leader looking to add to your group by purchasing Group Member Pass(es), please note that you will likely need to clear your browser cache OR utilize a new browser to access the Group Members passes via your unique link.
Already purchased a camping pass and but want to start a Group for Group Camping? Upgrade your pass to Group Camping, and start a group for $20.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A FESTIVAL TICKET PURCHASED IN ORDER TO CAMP IN THE GROUP CAMPING CAMPGROUND. DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS, YOU WILL NEED TO EITHER ENTER YOUR SEE TICKETS CONFIRMATION NUMBER FOR YOUR FESTIVAL TICKET PURCHASE, OR JUST PURCHASE YOUR FESTIVAL TICKET HERE.